3/2/15

MONDAY MADNESS | How To Get Through Mondays




In the words of Elizabeth Taylor, "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together," that drink being coffee of course ;) 'Cuz it's Monday all over again! Or as the Bangles called it, 'just another Manic Monday.' If you're off to a rocky start like me (spilling coffee on my freshly laundered shirt, clocking in 15 minutes late and smashing my thumb in my desk drawer) sit tight dear and know, everything'a gonna be alright.
Here are my top 5 tips on getting through a not-so-fabulous Monday.



  1. Be here now - take a deep breath (or several.. maybe even start the day with a little meditation?) I like to approach stressful situations just focusing and clearing my mind from my 'to-do' list and taking a few minutes to relax. 


     2. Fill up your cup - Monday's perk... coffee! I usually tend to drink coffee only during the work      
         week and making it as soon as I get up helps me wake up and start the day. I also am a big tea
         drinker so I love switching up my caffeinated  teas each day.


     3. Stay calm and stay busy - I find my Mondays (or any day) go by fairly quickly when I'm
         focused on whatever task is at hand and keeping busy. Even if it's a slow Monday, I find that
         there's always something to do.



     4. Plan out your day, then your week - I'm a list-maker. Nothing makes me feel more
         accomplished than sitting down and jotting my list of things to do out and planning
         ahead. I'll start with the current day and write out everything from doing the dishes,
         editing a video, to finishing a blog post and responding to emails. Crossing those things
         off my list makes me feel as if I just ran a marathon --- a bit silly right? But it really
         feels like a big deal when I've gotten what I wanted done. I'll also make a list for the current
         week and write out deadlines for projects, when to film and edit videos and just double-check
         the dates and get a little more focused.


     5. Self care - I would love to do a full post on self care but for now, I'll just say, take some
         time for yourself at the end of the day and do something you enjoy just for you.
         Whether that be taking a bath with your Lush bath bombs and having a glass of wine or
         diving into a new book or catching up on a favorite TV show, it can be something simple.
         Take some time for yourself and enjoy it.

LOL --- thought I'd leave this here =) hope you guys have a great day!


post signature

No comments: