9/2/15

August Favorites | 2015

It's already September??? I feel like August went by in a week! I only have a few beauty favorites from August and you guys will get a sneaky peek of my new Favorites video on my vlog channel! I've set the video to unlisted for now and it'll be live later today... anywho, here are my beauty favorites...






  • 'Dolly's Wild Side' Eye Shadow Palette from Buxom - I can't stop using this palette everyday even when I remind myself to use other palettes... it's hard to get away from. It's my ideal palette! It includes six shades - 4 shimmery ones and 2 matte ones. I tend to use the first color most, usually all over my lid and I'll blend it upwards to my crease and brow bone. Then I'll use the darker shade, third over and place that in my crease. I was lucky enough to get to attend Michelle Phan's launch of ipsy OS at the end of May and onto of that, received a GIANT goody bag filled with skin care, makeup and hair products. This palette was in that goody bag and I haven't stopped using it since! I haven't even hit pan on any of the shades yet. I need to experiment with the bolder colors though. Now that it's Fall, I'm thinking about playing with that purple and gold shade. What I love about this palette, aside from the beautiful packaging, is the variety of matte and shimmer shades. I think matte is more wearable for everyday and I love adding a hint of shimmer to my brow bone or inner corner just to open my eyes up a little bit more. 





Yes, that is a Johnny Depp - Captain Jack Sparrow tattoo. It's my only one and I always get questions about it on Youtube whenever a get a shot of my arm in - LOL. 
  • Lash Domination Mascara by Bare Minerals - It's a higher end mascara I've been enjoying a lot lately. I love it but I can't say I would purchase it. This mascara was also one of the items in the ipsy goody bag - I'm very lucky. It's not that expensive (retails for $18) but as a beauty vlogger, I'm sent so many products monthly, I've stopped going out and purchasing things on my own unless it's something I can't live without. I'm on the cycle of constantly trying out new products. So for now and in the future, I'll remember I really loved it and might re-visit it again one day. I really like the wand of this mascara, it first turned me off because I thought it was too big, but the spiral and shorter end really make it easy to get at each smaller lash. I would recommend this if mascara is you main go-to makeup item. I think any brow product is probably my go-to... and foundation =)
  • And last, Benefit's Rockateur blush - This is my favorite blush I think I've ever used. That's saying a lot! I go through different shades all the time but lately, I've been sticking with this one. It's such an easy, everyday wear blush that goes with everything. I especially love wearing this with red lips and a more natural eye. Before this, I was using a peach shade and do go back to it from time to time. I'd really like to try out some of Benefit's other blushers.
What are some of your favorite products from August? Let me know in the comments! Also, if you'd like to see a sneak peek of my August Favorites that also includes hair products and a lifestyle item, click here. 


post signature

No comments: